Job Title: Project Manager
Employer: Economic Development Council for Island County (EDC)
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Location: Island County
Pay Range: $20 - $26 hourly (depending on experience) + Competitive Benefits Package
Supervisor: Executive Director
Economic Development Council for Island County (EDC), a 501(c)(6) nonprofit, carries out business retention, expansion, attraction, and collaborative engagement to create a thriving economic environment where businesses can grow and create jobs for local residents in a way that enhances and preserves our unique quality of life.
Successful candidates are self-starters who enjoy multifaceted roles and are collaborative. Important to the job is excellent communication skills, a strategic mindset, and creative thinking. The candidate will be an integral part of the EDC team and will be responsible for leading and managing the growth of our membership/investors, expansion of engagement efforts, increasing the visibility of the organization and its work, as well as supporting the strengthening of the entrepreneurial ecosystem and other initiatives. Finally, the ideal candidate should have a basic understanding of economic development and experience with nonprofit organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage EDC’s Member/Investors and sponsorship relations.
- Create and manage campaigns for the renewal of members/investors and cultivate prospective new members/investors.
- Develop activities and programs to increase member/investor engagement.
- Identify and cultivate prospective new sponsors.
- Develop member/investor-focused marketing and public relations materials to promote and expand the visibility of EDC, and to inform and engage members/investors.
- Develop and execute social media campaigns by generating compelling and relevant content to maintain and increase community engagement.
- Develop and curate content for EDC website that will inform businesses looking to locate in Island County, as well as those already here.
- Lead the creation of newsletters, articles, and blogs including content development.
- Create, distribute, and manage materials for program activities, events, and meetings.
- Participate in planning and executing events and workshops.
- Participate in the expansion and management of EDC’s Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Initiative.
- Participate in long-term fundraising strategies aligned with EDC’s mission and strategic goals to meet revenue objectives.
- Assist with the updating of EDC’s Research Reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Economic development experience is preferred.
- Ability to successfully work with the business communities and stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and editing, etc.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including ease and proficiency with public speaking.
- A secure knowledge of email marketing and the social media landscape with a proficient understanding of analytics and graphics.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Experience in working within a non-profit and/or membership organization.
- Familiarity with Island County, its communities, and industry sectors is highly desired.
- Serve diverse populations with empathy and respect.
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate the mission of EDC.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in marketing, project management, or a comparable role managing multiple priorities and activities, preferably in an economic development role.
Education, Certifications, and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s Degree in Business or a related field is highly desirable.
- Driver’s license, and ability to travel throughout Island County to attend meetings, programs, and events (including some breakfasts and evenings).
- Bilingual skills in a language other than English (preferably Spanish) is a plus.
This job is primarily based in an office environment, both in the EDC office and at the candidate’s home office. It also requires a significant amount of travel time to meetings and events. The ability to participate in meetings, presentations, and events that may take place outside of regular work hours, and travel to locations within Island County, is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All application information is to be submitted electronically no later than 8:00 p.m. on Monday, March 6, 2023 to:
Sharon Sappington, Executive Director
Subject line: (Your Name): Application for Project Manager
Applications must include the following:
- Formal Cover letter addressing selection criteria
- Chronological resume outlining at least the last 10 years of employment
- Two employment references and a minimum of two personal or community-related references
Receipt of all application submittals will be acknowledged via email. Additional questions may also be submitted to the email address above. The Executive Director may choose to fill the position prior to the advertised closing date.