The 2021-23 Early Learning Facilities (ELF) grant application is now open. Please visit the website for the link to the ZoomGrants application and to access supporting materials.
Before beginning your application, please be sure to read the Program Guidelines, Notice of Funding Opportunity, and Frequently Asked Questions documents. We also encourage you to review the 9/15 recording of the ELF informational webinar.
Early Learning Facilities Funding Summary
Below is a list of the eligible funding categories for this competitive grant round:
- Acquisition / Major Construction / Major Renovation (maximum award $1 million).
- Minor Renovation (maximum award $200,000).
- Pre-Development Only (maximum award $200,000).
- Predesign Only (maximum award $20,000).
- Funded projects must result in an increase in early learning program capacity.
- Projects must commit to reserving spots for either the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) and/or the Working Connections Child Care Program (WCCC).
Eligible grant applicants include:
- Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) providers
- Working Connections Child Care (WCCC) providers who are eligible to receive state subsidies
- Licensed early learning centers not currently participating in the ECEAP or WCCC programs, but intending to do so
- Developers of housing
- Developers of community facilities
- Community or technical colleges
- Educational Service Districts (ESD)
- Local governments
- Federally recognized Tribes in the state of Washington
- Religiously affiliated entities
Projects that are already completed are not eligible to apply and costs incurred before the date of award letter are not eligible for reimbursement. Awarded applicants must commit to maintaining the site as an early learning facility for at least 10 years.
Please review the program webpage or email email@example.com if you have any questions.