The Economic Development Council for Island County (EDC) is proud to announce a new partnership with the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I), through their Small Business Outreach Contracts program.
What does this partnership mean for our local businesses? In addition to the existing business support that the EDC provides, we will now serve as a local and accessible resource to increase the number of employers who understand L&I requirements and know how to connect to the many tools and resources available through L&I. This work and education will ensure our local businesses are meeting all their L&I requirements and obligations.
How the EDC is here to help:
- Provide 1-on-1 consultations to help navigate and communicate with L&I
- Provide up-to-date workplace posters required for L&I compliance
- Provide relevant printed brochures and pamphlets on L&I requirements
- Local trainings with information specific to our region’s small businesses
- Helpful and timely communications through social media and newsletters, and
- A web page with a curated list of resources, targeted to our small business community’s needs. (coming soon)
“We look forward to keeping our employers and employees safe and up-to-date with the latest resources and requirements of L&I.” said Sharon Sappington, Executive Director, EDC. “We are ready to work with you and your business to address any questions or concerns, ensuring you avoid costly fines.”
Should you have any questions about the EDC, membership or L&I Resources contact the EDC office at 360-678-6889 or email@example.com.